I finally decided to alter the Pucci top that didn’t work from a few weeks back. First, I put buttons down the back (simple purple shirt buttons). Second I took in the sides: I added a “curve” to the straight box cut by taking it in 1/4 inch (1/2 inch total each side) on the side, tapering to the hem and up to the bust dart. Third, I added fish eye darts to the back (total of 2 inches removed at narrowest part of back) and front (one inch total). Yes, I removed 4 inches from the waist to provide a semi-fitted silhouette as opposed to a straight one.
I like it much better, but the second problem is not fixable. I really think the print overwhelms my frame. No matter, I will wear this running errands.
The pants are Vogue 1550. No changes from the black pair I made some months back. IN fact, I started these the week of my dad’s funeral back in April and they were the first things I completed when I started sewing again.
The fabric is a cross-dyed linen from Marcy Tilton that I bought last year. The threads are black and hot pink, which combine to give a purplish appearance. It’s quite lovely. This linen is more wiry than the black, so it’s not as appropriate for this pattern in terms of drape, but it’s manageable. It was a bit shifty though, and the grain is slightly off.
Grumbling about photo quality, yet I’ll not do anything about it…