I haven’t been sewing much lately. The usual reasons… too tired, too unmotivated, etc. It’s not that I haven’t planned projects, but… In any case, two days before Christmas, I decided to make the little guy new PJs. I’d already purchased the fabric from JoAnns – the new Star Wars cottons for The Force Awakens (heroes, of course). Note: the fabric states “not for sleepwear.”
I’d used the Blank Slate Lazy Day Pajamas pattern before (about 8 months ago, but can’t link to the blog post). This time I went up two sizes (how he grows), made the long sleeve/pant combo and added piping. Unfortunately, I had the same problems with this pattern as the last time. Nonetheless, he loves them, even if it is still too warm for long PJs.
I love the style. I didn’t bother to match the pattern, which means that Rey’s head is on Chewbacca’s body. It really bothers me, but a 4.5 year old boy finds that hysterical. The piping turned out to be really easy.
The real problems with the pattern are: lack of grain lines, lack of match points, and the facing does not fit properly, so it does not lie flat. I was anticipating it this time, so I made doubly sure that I cut the right pieces/sizes from the pdf and constructed it properly.