The Pattern: Blank Slate Lazy Day Pajamas, size 4T.
- Easy enough, though not without issues. The shorts were super easy.
- The fit for 4T was spot-on, unlike the McCalls PJs (6236) I made at Christmas. Though he’s grown, it’s been in height, not girth, so he still swims in those.
- I made tons of changes for the pattern – no cuffs – he needed shorts/short sleeves since its summer here; no piping.
- No grains lines or match points for the pattern. Could have used more for the shirt.
- Attaching the collar and facing was not easy – in fact, I think I did something wrong or the facing is drafted wrong. It does not fit the top/neckline. I had to add some “darts” in the facing at the shoulders to get it to lay flat – excess fabric. Because of this, I won’t be making it again.
- This gave me more practice using the new serger on finishing seams, which is good.
BTW, I am looking for suggestions for good quality men and boy’s patterns.
Next up, a simple linen skirt. I’m still working too much and exhausted, so simple items for a while before getting back to complex and interesting sewing.