Contemporary Jackets Skirts Tops

Thanksgiving Part III: McCall’s 6844 & Vogue 8750 Pictures

We’re back.  My grandfather (in his 90s) was thrilled to host 24 or so for Thanksgiving yesterday.  It’s been decades since I can remember that many children playing on fields surrounding the circa 1890s farmhouse.  It was renovated when I was a kid in the 70s (to add plumbing – I remember having to use […]

Contemporary Jackets

Thanksgiving Part II: McCall’s 6844

I love this cardigan.  McCall’s styles it well here, belted with a sequined belt (not included) that really shows the potential of this pattern.  It’s a basic, to dress up or down.  I finally got around to making it, for the Thanksgiving outfit.  This has been reviewed many times on Pattern Review, so I’ll keep […]

Contemporary Skirts Tops

Thanksgiving Outfit: Vogue 8750 & 8536 ; McCall’s 6844; Part 1

My family moved around a lot while I was growing up, and by the time we were all adults, we were pretty scattered around the U.S. (and overseas). When I graduated high school and went to college, traveling home for the holidays was impractical. I stopped celebrating many holidays, and getting together as a family […]

General Sewing Skirts

Pink Denim Flounce… Butterick 4593 update

I finally got pictures of my niece modeling her skirt (Butterick 4593, which I blogged about last month) – she LOVES it, even though it is way too big for her.  Here she is: I made this in a size 7, and by all accounts, she should have had about 1/2 inch of ease in […]

Contemporary Dresses Sew Along

Quick question about interfacing… The Rucci dress (V1239)

So, I’m finally back to the Rucci dress.  I’ve made nearly every construction decision necessary, such us stitch length, etc.  However, when testing the fabric, I’ve decided that I want to add a little bit of interfacing to the neckline. The dress is faced with self fabric from the back of the neck to the […]