I just got some beautiful linens from Gorgeous Fabrics (here and a sold out white) and Marcy Tilton (a sold out pansy/plum purple handkerchief weight). I’m now itching to start the next project, before I finish the one I’m working on – a bad habit I need to break. I’m going to do Vogue 8944, view A, color-blocked with this. So perfect for spring!
Meanwhile, I’m working on a raincoat/short trenchcoat in response to Ann from Gorgeous Fabric’s “cut into that fabric challenge”. It’s coming along. More on that later.
My new goal is to finish an old project after every couple of new garments (that and to sew down my enormous stash of fabric). Here’s my list:
- Vogue 1389, Donna Karan Suit in dusty blue wool. I got stuck on the welt pockets. I’ve recut the front to redo.
- A child’s chair from a McCalls OOP in blue cord. Needed a piping foot. Have one now.
- An OOP Vogue Ann Klein dress. I stopped when I realized the style didn’t work for me. My sister looks good in it, so I just need to do the finishing.
- An OOP Vogue Tracy Reese. Ditto on the style. A good style for my other sister, but it’s not even close to finished.
- V1083, vintage dress coat in merlot cashmere. It’s almost done. I forgot why I stopped.
- A Butterick tote that I was making for a beach trip. I wasn’t going to finish in time, so I stopped.
- A pair of dress pants for my husband in a beautiful black wool suiting. Umm. Welt pockets stopped me dead.
- Another Vogue OOP from Badgley Mischka. I gained weight while making this. Not sure I’ll ever fit in it as this was pre-pregnancy. I’ll finish it for the sewing practice one day.
- This vintage dress from Patou in this beautiful fabric. Sigh. I wasn’t going to finish this in time for a wedding without making compromises. And the fit was off despite multiple muslins and basting. I will finish it correctly.
Not sure what I’ll do next (after the coat and the colorblock dress), but it’s likely to be finishing DS’s chair.